Sunday, August 18, 2013

Reposting Palak Paneer (Cottage Cheese in Spinach Sauce) with a Video

 


It was the third anniversary of this blog on 4th August. I started this blog with great joy, I wanted to have a record of all my mum’s dishes, that was the reason I chose to launch the blog close to her birthday which was on 2nd August. Unfortunately mum passed away on 25th July 2011 just a few days before the blog’s first anniversary. I am therefore dedicating this post to my dear mother whose paneer dishes were just fabulous, actually, to be honest, all her vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes were so tasty, for instance  her paya preparation (lamb trotters) was to die for, I remember, my father refused to eat any paya except the one prepared by mum. Well I can go on and on about my mum but I will call a halt now. 

I was experimenting with a paneer dish and I wanted to publish that, but it needs some fine tuning, so I thought I will repost palak paneer with a video. Here is the video, incidentally I had cooked it during the winter and my  brother (Aroop Bose) had shot it then, I take my mum’s advice and avoid leafy vegetables during the rainy season.



For detailed recipe click here

7 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy. Love it. I have never made it this way. Used to fry onions and add tomatoes and put in palak puree with paneer.

    I like the whey part. I must try it. :)

    Thank you Shilpi, what a nice video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ava glad you liked it, adding whey was my mum's specialty,it gave her paneer dishes an edge.

      Delete
    2. I was about to say the same thing - that I like the whey part! That must make it taste quite different, in a good way, of course.

      Delete
    3. Yes it does and it definitely adds to the flavour.

      Delete
  2. Hey Shilpi good to see this progress to Video. Nice and njyoyed seeing it , it makes the receipe more easier to make . Waiting for more of such video's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rajee this is not my first video, this is my fifth video, glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. Was looking for some recipe n redirected to your page :) Lovely space you have... Happy to connect!!!

    Visit me @ www.cookingwithsj.com

    ReplyDelete